Date: 11 October 2012, 9:00-12:00 a.m.
Venue: International Conference Room, Millennium Building 7th fl., Yonsei University, Seoul
The organizers of the international workshop particularly welcome abstracts on the following
(1) East Asian Economic Integration and EU
- The future for the Asia-Pacific economic integration and implications for the EU: Trans-Pacific Partnership, Asia-Pacific Community or East Asian Community?
- China’s and Japan’s competitive liberalization in the region: reshaping geopolitics
through the ‘Asian Noodle-Bowl’ effect
- Lessons learnt from European integration: towards enhancing the Asia-Pacific
regional architecture’s coherence and efficacy
(2) Korea-EU FTA
- The EU-Korea FTA: a suitable model for to be replicated in FTA negotiations with
- Lessons learned from the EU-South Korea FTA: ‘best practices’, tackling non-tariff
barriers, food security and market access in services and investment
- Prospects for ‘Comprehensive Economic Partnership in East Asia’ (CEPEA) and the
‘East Asia Free Trade Agreement’ (EAFTA): long-term implications for the European
Union’s economic interests in the region
Abstracts of up to 500 words for papers in line with the above themes should be submitted via
email before 1 October 2012 to:
Completed papers can be submitted within three months after the workshop. Presenters will be invited to submit their papers for consideration for an edited book and/or a special issue of ‘Global Europe Foreign Affairs Review’, an international peer-reviewed academic journal.
There are no conference fees, but the participants are expected to cover their accommodation and travel expenses in full. The organizers will provide information about suitable accommodation.
Dr. Daniel Novotny
Pod Bruskou 136/6
118 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic
(+420) 776 361 973
Dr. Joo Hyun GO
Yonsei-SERI EU Center
#216 Miwoo Hall, 250 Seongsanno
Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-752, Korea
(+82) 2 2123 8156
Comments are closed.