Please note that the deadline for competition entries has passed. We will not accept any further entries.
The EU Centre and the Office of Programmes, Faculty of Arts and Social Science invites all students currently enrolled in the National University of Singapore (NUS) to take part in our short essay competition.
To participate, briefly describe your thoughts on one of the following topics in 500-750 words:
(1) What do you see as the main achievements of the EU? Offer some ideas on what Singapore and ASEAN can learn from this.
(2) What do you see as one of the main challenges facing the EU? Offer some recommendations as to how the challenge could be met.
We encourage all entrants to be put on their creative caps and come up with entries in different formats such as a letter, an engaging article, a short story or a poem.
Entrants stand to win attractive prizes: a 1st prize of S$400, a 2nd prize of S$300 and a 3rd prize of S$200 are up for grabs.
The deadline for entries is the 15th October 2013.
COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. This competition is open to all students currently enrolled at the National University of Singapore (NUS)
2. Entries must be single authored. Group entries are not permitted.
3. Entries must be the original work of the author. Entries will be disqualified if there is any suspicion of plagiarism.
4. Entries must be written in English, and should address one of the two topics outlined in the competition poster.
5. Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their response to the topic and their style. Entries can be submitted in different formats such as a letter, an engaging article, a short story or a poem.
6. The word limit for all entries is 500 – 750 words.
7. Entrants must complete all mandatory fields on the entry form and attach it alongside their entries.
8. Entries must be submitted in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Copyright of the entries will be assigned to the organizers of the competition.
10. The deadline for entries is 15 October 2013. Late submission of entries will not be entertained.
Comments are closed.